Click here to skip navigation
This website uses features which update page content based on user actions. If you are using assistive technology to view web content, please ensure your settings allow for the page content to update after initial load (this is sometimes called "forms mode"). Additionally, if you are using assistive technology and would like to be notified of items via alert boxes, please follow this link to enable alert boxes for your session profile.
An official website of the United States Government.

Open Government Blog

We are pleased to announce a detail opportunity for Federal employees to work in Open Government at OPM. Please note that this is a non-reimbursable position:

Position: Program Analyst
Location: Washington D.C.
Duration: 4-6 months (non-reimbursable)

Introduction

On December 8, 2009, the White House issued a memorandum, the Open Government Directive, requiring federal agencies to take immediate, specific steps to achieve key milestones in transparency, participation, and collaboration.

OPM’s Open Government Web site is called OpenOPM. On April 7, OPM posted its Open Government Plan on OpenOPM, and both employees and the public are invited to comment on the Plan. Besides data sources, OpenOPM provides links to Open Government news at the Agency and contact information for the Agency Open Government champions, Chief Information Officer Matthew Perry and Associate Chief Financial Officer Rochelle Bayard.

The Agency’s Open Government governance structure consists of an Executive Board, a Core Team, and five Component Teams. The various Associate Directors and Department Heads across OPM comprise the Executive Board. The Core Team comprises representatives of the members of Executive Board, as well as a union representative. The purpose of this Core Team is to provide the means for OPM to increase transparency, widen participation, and foster collaboration both internally and externally. The Component Teams round out the governance structure by providing a means for collaboration and participation by a variety of members of OPM’s stakeholder community: additional OPM employees and union representatives, employees and retirees of other Federal agencies, academics, and representatives of non-profit enterprises.

Description of Responsibilities

The selectee will serve as the Core Team Action Learning presenter to ensure successful implementation of Open Government efforts. Duties will include but not be limited to the following:

• Preparing and editing documents in plain language for Core Team distribution, as well as presentations and reports for OPM’s Open Government champion, the Chief Information Officer;
  • Aiding the Core Team lead in preparing final presentations, recommendations, and reports to the Executive Board;
  • Producing and maintaining meeting agendas and recording decisions;
  • Assigning Core Team action items, communicating timelines, and tracking action items to completion;
  • Collaborating with Component Teams to facilitate the flow of information and ideas among the Component Teams and with the Core Team; and
  • Responding to ideas and queries from stakeholders, including members of the general public, routing messages as appropriate, and tracking responses to ensure that OPM is responsive to its stakeholders and their needs.

Point of Contact

Dr. Mary Volz-Peacock
open@opm.gov

Comments 13     0 thumbs up     0 thumbs down Share

Comments

Janice E. Ross
1/3/2011 at 10:28 AM
I am looking for a position as an Adm. Asst. and need to know the criteria for applying for the positions. I am a senior citizen and would like to subsidize my income.
OpenOPM
1/7/2011 at 1:21 PM
@Janice E. Ross: please note that these detail opportunities are for current Federal employees and are offered on a non-reimbursable basis, meaning that the individuals' salary and benefits will remain the responsibility of their agencies. For employment opportunities, please visit usajobs.gov.
Force Factor
1/25/2011 at 1:02 AM
Im glad to see that people are actually writing about this issue in such a smart way, showing us all different sides to it. forcefactorscam.net
Las Vegas Golf
1/27/2011 at 6:33 AM
It is really a good news for federal employee to work with Open Government at OPM. It is more a prestigious than getting any benefit out of it. I really appreciate the effort but I'm not looking for such a job at the moment. www.vegasinsideplayers.com/
John Smith
1/27/2011 at 11:46 AM
I am looking for a position as an IT Specialist and need to know the criteria for applying for the positions. crackadeal.net
Lisa L
1/29/2011 at 2:33 PM
How successful are these opportunities in that an agency would agree to let the selectee go for 4-6 months at their expense while their work at the home agency is not being completed by the selectee..just curious. I cant see my micro-agency permitting me to leave unless its not really so much as allowing me as much as it would be..they have to and pay for it?
Lisa L
1/29/2011 at 2:33 PM
Doris McGuire
4/26/2011 at 8:25 AM
I'm trying to locate a point of contact for OPM/DoD to post a position on through OPM on Monster.com. We are a policy office of the DoD. Please provide name, telephone number and email address for POC at OPM/DoD. Thanks.
Doris McGuire
4/26/2011 at 8:26 AM
Plastikiniai langai
7/3/2011 at 6:47 PM
OPM is a very interesting idea. Im glad there is even more focus on getting the public involved in implementing this initiative. plastikiniai-langai.net
Plastikiniai langai
7/3/2011 at 6:51 PM
I am wondering how far is the OPM initiative in terms of implementation? http://plastikiniai-langai.net
Michelle Donahue
9/3/2011 at 7:13 PM
I would like to know if there is a process through OPM to file a complaint against an agency for unfair labor practices.
ethnic nepalese clothing
10/14/2011 at 2:28 AM
Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It's always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! I'm sure you had fun writing this article.

Denotes a required field.

Learn More

If you would like to learn more about the OpenOPM initiative, visit www.opm.gov/open.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.

Working...