What hiring flexibilities might an agency need to request from OPM during a pandemic health crisis?
Agencies may request the following hiring flexibilities from OPM:
- Excepted service Schedule A or B agency-specific appointing authority
- Salary offset waivers to re-hire retirees to deal with emergency situations (reemploying annuitants without a salary offset)
- Rehire retirees or others who left the Federal Government with buyouts (reemploying buyout annuitants/recipients)
- Other positions for which OPM determines examining is impracticable (Schedule A—5 CFR 213.3102(i)(3))
- Direct-Hire Authority (DHA) – new agency specific requests