Click here to skip navigation
This website uses features which update page content based on user actions. If you are using assistive technology to view web content, please ensure your settings allow for the page content to update after initial load (this is sometimes called "forms mode"). Additionally, if you are using assistive technology and would like to be notified of items via alert boxes, please follow this link to enable alert boxes for your session profile.
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

My daughter and grandson reside with me. My daughter is not working. She is going to school full-time. Can I use a dependent care flexible spending account to pay for my grandson’s childcare? I currently pay out of my pocket. My daughter will allow me to claim him as a dependent on my tax return

Yes, if you claim your grandchild as your tax dependent, you can get reimbursed for his eligible dependent care under a dependent care flexible spending account.  You may want to consult a tax adviser before you make a decision.

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.