Page Revision: 3/2/2012 11:35:12 AM
Welcome to the OPM Federal Training and Development Wiki
Training and Development is one of the most critical contributors to the success of an organization and it's workforce. Providing training for employees not only helps them develop their skills and knowledge, but it is also a motivational tool as well as a building block to organizational success. In order to facilitate agencies' training and development programs, OPM developed this wiki for Federal Government training and development practitioners to learn, share relevant information, and collaborate.
The wiki is open to everyone to view and search for content. Only Federal Government employees may post content tools, resources and best practices directly onto the wiki. All users are encouraged to provide comments relevant to the page topic thus making the wiki a “living” and ever-evolving resource. You may also comment and or ask questions via the disuss tab on this page. Please use the Wiki Quick Reference Guide ( WIKI_quick_reference_guide_Oct 2010 .pdf )for assistance in accessing the wiki.
Topics on each wiki page are organized into these categories:
(How can I utilize this in my agency?)
Stay Current (What are other organizations doing in this area?)
Find Opportunities (What training or other opportunities are available in this area?)
Discover Helpful Tools and Resources (What other tools and resources are available to me?)
If you see an error or have any suggestions for improvement, please email us at HRDLeadership@opm.gov
Here are a few simple ground rules to make sure this site is and remains valuable for the Federal Training and Development Community.
- If you intend to post new content, please proof-read it and fact-check it before you post it. Though the wiki is moderated, you are ultimately responsible for the correctness of your content. Content not deemed appropriate will be promptly removed.
- If you intend to modify someone's content or have a question as to its validity, as a matter of professional courtesy, please contact the author directly before you modify it.
- If you use wiki content in academic or professional writing, please give credit to the proper authors when due.
- Do not post or share any content that infringes upon or violates the copyright, trademarks or other rights of any third party.
- Do not post of share content that is obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit; depicts graphic or gratuitous violence, makes threats of any kind, intimidates, harasses, or bullies anyone or is derogatory, demeaning, malicious, defamatory, abusive, offensive or hateful
- Do not post or share any personally identifiable or private information of any third party.
We hope that you will find the OPM WIKI insightful and use this resource to perpetuate collaboration among our colleagues governmentwide.
Consider joining OPM's Training and Development Policy listserv at http://apps.opm.gov/Listserv_Apps/list-sub.cfm?Targetlist=Leg-Pol.
Note: OPM does not endorse any resources listed in this wiki. Listings are for informational purposes only. Users are free to add references they have found useful.