Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Open Government Blog

Sunshine Week is “a national initiative to promote a dialogue about the importance of open government and freedom of information.” OPM has taken the challenge of Open Government and committed itself to becoming a model of openness and transparency. Director John Berry noted in his letter introducing our Open Government Plan, at the United States Office of Personnel Management “We are very excited about engaging further with our stakeholders – employees, unions, the public, academia, other agencies, and non-profit organizations – to create a more transparent, participatory, and collaborative Government”.

The notion of Openness is built in to our strategic plan and our organizational values, which link directly to our mission:  “Recruit, Retain and Honor a World-Class Workforce to Serve the American People.” FY10 saw OPM make good progress in creating an environment of “openness”, by making improvements toward proactive disclosure, and effectively responding to FOIA requests.  You can read more in our 2010 Freedom of Information Act Report.

Comments 7     0 thumbs up     1 thumbs down Share

Comments

TaNia
3/30/2011 at 3:50 PM
Many opm employees do not answer their phone and do not return calls.
al leone
5/31/2011 at 12:05 PM
I was "selected" for a position last October 2010. Havent heard anything since. Hows that new quick hire system working out? P.S. I'm a Vet....So thanks very little.
al leone
5/31/2011 at 12:06 PM
Mary
3/5/2012 at 8:10 PM
I found a website that provides some but not all salary information for federal employees. The website listed OPM as the source. Why aren't all employees information available? Some employees are even listed as working at the same organization as the person I am looking for, yet the person I am searching for isn't listed, despite knowing they are employed by one of those federal agencies listed.
Mary
3/5/2012 at 8:11 PM
Neil
5/4/2012 at 4:03 PM
First you make it very difficult to get an email address for you a general one second I have a petition addressed to you which I think is a great idea please consider... http://www.change.org/petitions/opm-first-lady-michele-obama-help-us-donate-frequent-flyer-miles-from-gov-t-employees-to-vet-s-families
Neil
5/4/2012 at 4:04 PM

Denotes a required field.

Learn More

If you would like to learn more about the OpenOPM initiative, visit www.opm.gov/open.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.

Working...