Click here to skip navigation
This website uses features which update page content based on user actions. If you are using assistive technology to view web content, please ensure your settings allow for the page content to update after initial load (this is sometimes called "forms mode"). Additionally, if you are using assistive technology and would like to be notified of items via alert boxes, please follow this link to enable alert boxes for your session profile.
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Veterans

I believe that a Federal agency is conducting prohibited personnel practices. Will OPM investigate my complaint against this agency?

No.  While OPM provides government-wide leadership on Federal programs and policies, OPM does not investigate individual complaints alleging prohibited personnel practices.  Complaints alleging prohibited personnel practices and retaliation should be directed to the Office of Special Counsel (OSC).  OSC receives, investigates, and prosecutes allegations of prohibited personnel practices and can be visited at

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.