The Federal Government will Become America's Model Employer for the 21st Century.
Recruit, Retain and Honor a World-Class Workforce to Serve the American People.
Find out more about Federal compensation throughout your career and around the world.
Staffing to align with your agency's mission
Review the new 2014 Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) Handbook
Answering your questions about Healthcare and Insurance
Congress approved a cost of living increase for Federal retirees.
Manage your retirement online.
Human Resources and Security Specialists should use this tool to determine the correct investigation level for any covered position within the U.S. Federal Government.
OPM’s Human Resources Solutions organization can help your agency answer this critically important question.
Developing senior leaders in the U.S. Government through Leadership for a Democratic Society, Custom Programs and Interagency Courses.
Visit this federal site to search for our regulatory notices, proposed and final rules.
See the latest tweets on our Twitter feed, like our Facebook pages, watch our YouTube videos, and page through our Flickr photos.
The content available is no longer being updated and as a result you may encounter hyperlinks which no longer function. You should also bear in mind that this content may contain text and references which are no longer applicable as a result of changes in law, regulation and/or administration.
Washington, D.C. - U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Director Linda M. Springer today announced OPM closes out 2006 having met all of its goals for the month of December contained within the agency's Strategic and Operational Plan.
"Once again, the staff of the Office of Personnel Management has come through, working diligently to close out a very successful 2006 by meeting each of our proscribed goals," Director Springer said. "With the firm support of our employees, we are working day-by-day to create a more effective and efficiently-managed Federal civilian workforce for the United States."
One of the top goals achieved by the agency in December was the roll-out of the first ever Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program. More than 690,000 Federal Employees and annuitants took advantage of the program, which greatly expanded the options available to them in these important health care sectors.
In addition, OPM developed guidance for agencies and employees regarding how to address personnel and workforce issues during a possible Pandemic emergency. An employee brochure was also released.
Other goals met for December include:
· Promoting affordable Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) options;
· Increasing the number of agencies with a Chief Human Capital Officer (CHCO) using the USAJOBS position announcement template to 85 percent;
· Improving performance management practices at an increasing number of CHCO agencies through 2008;
· Receiving an unqualified audit opinion with no material weaknesses;
· Achieving full cost recovery for revolving fund programs;
· Ensuring no more than one percent of completed background investigations are returned as deficient;
· Simplifying Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) participant eligibility rules for the 2007 campaign;
· Monitoring and reporting on demonstration projects at agencies by January 1, 2007;
· Developing pilot programs for the elimination of interim retirement payments;
· Categorizing positions using OPM's Career Patterns Program guidelines at all CHCO agencies by January 1, 2007;
· Providing agencies with a competent assessment tool for management candidates by January 1, 2007; and
· Establishing a category rating policy at all CHCO agencies.
For a complete copy of OPM's Strategic and Operational Plan, please visit http://www.opm.gov/strategicplan/index.asp.
Our mission is to Recruit, Retain and Honor a World-Class Workforce to Serve the American People. OPM supports U.S. agencies with personnel services and policy leadership including staffing tools, guidance on labor-management relations and programs to improve work force performance.