Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Classification

I work for TSA or another agency with pay bands instead of grades; what should I put for "grade" when applying for another Federal job?

Contact the hiring agency for guidance on providing this information. Typically, the hiring agency will accept your band in place of grade in the application process. Your band will be noted on your SF-50 in block 10 and/or 18. If you do not have a copy of your most recent SF-50, please contact your servicing human resources office.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.