Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Same Sex Domestic Partner Benefits

Am I entitled to childcare subsidies for the costs of care for me and my same-sex domestic partner’s children?

Yes.  OPM amended its regulations to establish that employees who are otherwise eligible to participate in agency child care subsidy programs may receive subsidies to assist in the care of the child/children of their same-sex domestic partner.  See the final rule at

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.