Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

I was in the military. I made payments to my agency so I could get retirement credit for my military service. If I change retirement plans under FERCCA, what happens to those payments?

It is possible that because of a retirement coverage error, you paid either too much or too little for your military service.

Under FERCCA, if you paid too much, you can receive a refund, plus interest, of any money that you paid over the amount needed to pay for your military service.

Also, if you now owe more for your military service, you can get credit for your military service by taking an actuarial reduction instead of having to pay additional money. If you die before retiring, we will apply the actuarial reduction to your survivor's benefit.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.