Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

I am receiving a portion of my former spouse’s retirement annuity. If my former spouse gets a cost of living adjustment (COLA), do I?

If the court order awards you a cost of living adjustment (COLA), you will receive the adjustment when your former spouse does.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.