Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

If my former spouse (a retiree) is in the process of withdrawing his/her contributions and taking a full refund of his/her annuity, will I (the former spouse) receive my court-ordered portion of the refund?

Yes, you will receive a portion of the refund as long as the court order specifically states you are entitled to a portion of the contributions.

For more information visit Options for former Federal employees under FERS or Options for former Federal employees under CSRS.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.