Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

Can a retiree apply for a flexible savings account under the Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS)?

No. By IRS law, annuitants cannot participate in flexible spending accounts.  FSAs are a salary benefit and an annuity is not salary.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.