Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

I am getting divorced from a Federal Employee who covers me under his Health insurance (FEHB). After I notify my ex-spouses employing office of our divorce, then what happens?

The employing office has 14 days to notify you of your TCC rights and send you an election form. You must return the election form and a certified copy of your divorce decree within 60 days from your divorce date or 65 days after the date of the employing office notice, whichever is later. Your coverage will be effective the day after your 31-day extension of coverage as a family member ends.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.