Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

Where can Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) annuitants get answers to other questions about retirement benefits?

  • OPM's Office of Retirement Programs website. The site provides various categories of information including the questions most frequently asked by annuitants and survivor annuitants.
  • During the year, you may request information such as verification of annuity or the value of life insurance as well as make changes to your own retirement account, such as federal and state income tax withholding changes, by calling OPM on the toll-free number 1-888-767-6738, TDD for the hearing impaired 1-800-878-5707, or send email to The automated telephone system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.