The Federal Government will Become America's Model Employer for the 21st Century.
Recruit, Retain and Honor a World-Class Workforce to Serve the American People.
Find out more about Federal compensation throughout your career and around the world.
Staffing to align with your agency's mission
Review the new 2014 Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) Handbook
Answering your questions about Healthcare and Insurance
Human Resources and Security Specialists should use this tool to determine the correct investigation level for any covered position within the U.S. Federal Government.
OPM’s Human Resources Solutions organization can help your agency answer this critically important question.
Developing senior leaders in the U.S. Government through Leadership for a Democratic Society, Custom Programs and Interagency Courses.
Visit this federal site to search for our regulatory notices, proposed and final rules.
See the latest tweets on our Twitter feed, like our Facebook pages, watch our YouTube videos, and page through our Flickr photos.
You are a 10 point preference eligible if you served at any time, and you:
If you are still unsure on your ability to claim veterans' preference eligibility, you may also visit the Department of Labor's Veterans' Preference Advisor at http://www.dol.gov/elaws/vets/vetpref/mservice.htm.
You are a 5 point preference eligible if your active duty service meets any of the
• 180 or more consecutive days, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001 and ending on a future date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law as the last date of Operation Iraqi Freedom, OR
• Between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992, OR
• 180 or more consecutive days, any part of which occurred after January 31, 1955 and before October 15, 1976, OR
• In a war, campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized or between April 28, 1952 and July 1, 1955.
• Have a service connected disability, OR received a Purple Heart.
If you are still not sure of your preference eligibility, visit the Department of Labor's Veterans' Preference Advisor at: http://www.dol.gov/elaws/vets/vetpref/mservice.htm.
No subtopics exist.
There was an unexpected error when performing your action.
Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.