Click here to skip navigation
This website uses features which update page content based on user actions. If you are using assistive technology to view web content, please ensure your settings allow for the page content to update after initial load (this is sometimes called "forms mode"). Additionally, if you are using assistive technology and would like to be notified of items via alert boxes, please follow this link to enable alert boxes for your session profile.
An official website of the United States Government.

Open Government Blog

It’s hard to believe that July has already come and gone!

In July, we began holding weekly meetings with each of the 5 component teams described in our plan and charter. In those meetings, employees from throughout OPM meet with external participants to discuss openness at OPM. The teams are currently working on understanding OPM’s culture so they can provide some ideas based on best practices regarding how to make it a more open culture. In total, we have 54 participants on the 6 teams, including the Core Team.

Meanwhile, we have continued our efforts with our searchable Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). We completed Phase I by launching the new engine on June 30 and are finalizing the requirements for Phase II.

We read all the comments you send us. Thank you for your words of encouragement. Please continue to share your ideas with us in this space, and please refrain from recommending or linking to commercial products here: we cannot endorse commercial products, and this space is designed to foster conversation about OPM.

As always, we look forward to hearing from you.

Comments 20     0 thumbs up     0 thumbs down Share

Comments

Stephen Boyd
9/8/2010 at 10:12 AM
I have applied for several positions with OPM and have received a response that stated "you determined to be among our best qualified candidates and your application was referred to the selecting official for further consideration" but then I don't get any information from OPM or the selecting offical. When I contact OPM they do not respond to my emails. What should I do? Stephen Boyd mytimesb@hotmail.com
linda
10/5/2010 at 8:35 PM
received the letter
Tom Landwermeyer
11/30/2010 at 11:50 AM
Regarding the President's call yesterday, 29 Nov, for a "wage freeze" for federal workers: I understand Congress will need to act before this is executed. But given the apparent support from both sides of the Aisle, I imagine it will get approved shortly. The question I have is whether QSI's are affected by this "freeze"? How about Bonuses? WIGI's? We are currently completing appraisals for this year, having just transitioned out of NSPS on 20 Jun. We were authorized by HQ Department of the Army to approve QSI's for up to 5% of the eligible population. If you get a QSI, you are not allowed to get a bonus. However, if the QSI's are intended to be included in the "freeze", then our highest performers will not get them and they won't get bonuses either. If we knew now whether QSI's were part of the freeze, we could put those previously approved for QSI's back into the pool to instead compete for bonuses. Without an answer, we risk disadvantaging our highest performing population. I would think OPM could publish what was and what wasn't taken into account that drove the "dollar savings" figure the President quoted yesterday ($2B for the remainder of FY11). We really need the answer to this question in order to properly complete our appraisals and to do what's right for our employees. Thanks for your time. Tom Landwermeyer BG, USA(Ret) Dir, Exec Bus Opns Office fo the Chief of Staff, Army 200 Army Pentagon Washington DC 20310 703-697-5361
vinod bhambri
12/2/2010 at 12:46 PM
I was given a phone number to call regarding my retirement information i.e., 202-606-0484 and also I tried 202-606-2635. I left messages at 0484, no answer yet after three days. Any other phone number you have that I may contact. Thanks.
Juanita
12/5/2010 at 1:39 AM
Stephen, they NEVER respond to emails. You have to call OPM directly from the time they open until you finally get to talk to a real live person; the phones will continually be busy, just keep trying and trying. Did you check the job listings book in your office; they are suppose to post if job is filled.
Used Cell Phones
1/27/2011 at 8:47 AM
OPM is totally different from the rest with respect to its openness in all its activity. This contributed to its glorious recognition. All the activities of OPM are pre-planned. grazono.com/
Jeanie Tillman
2/1/2011 at 9:43 AM
My 2010 statement of Annuity Paid is incorrect. I have called the published number 1888-767-6738. To no avail. I have given the postal Service the best years of my life, I've been retired since 1998. Now I can't get a "LIVE BODY" to talk to me. This I never would have believed could happen. I need to talk to someone !!!!! My#is, 1-501-985-5283.
Theresa
2/8/2011 at 7:36 PM
I did not receive my annuity satement for 2010 to file income tax return. My husband received his. Trying to contact OPM to no avail. Email does not seem to work eithe. One call rang for 26 minutes the other one for 43 minutes; no response to emails eithe. Help! I called the number given on the OPM page under "contact us". Anyone have any suggestions how to talk to someone?
Theresa
2/8/2011 at 7:37 PM
Theresa
2/8/2011 at 7:37 PM
Leo Trader Pro
2/11/2011 at 5:45 AM
Trying to contact OPM to no avail. Email does not seem to work . what is the best way to contact. leotraderproforex.net/
Jon Beckum
2/18/2011 at 8:47 AM
I have been trying to get OPM to start sending my EX-Wife her share of my retirement per the court order stated in my divorce decree, which was sent to the Court Order Branch per their direction. A cerified copy was sent in 2009 and another in Dec. 2010. OPM will not return my phone calls or emails. Maybe a CLASS ACTION against OPM, would make them do their job.
Jon Beckum
2/18/2011 at 8:49 AM
Bruce Kamin
3/30/2011 at 8:40 PM
The Post Office sure wants us csrs employees to retire, but to get any one at OPM to help you is a disgusting. I just want them to tell me the dollar amount my ex-wife will get from my retirement so i can figure out if i can retire soon. I have 40 yrs. in the gov. and get the run around like you wouldn't believe.
Bruce Kamin
3/30/2011 at 8:41 PM
Randy Friese
2/1/2012 at 1:34 PM
Why does OPM have such lousy customer service? Phone calls are not returned, emails not responded to and phones not answered?
barry vaughn
8/4/2012 at 5:48 PM
Does anybody know if there is a way i can call and talk to somebody that actually knows exactly whats going on with my refund of my retirement deductions from when i was active duty military? i have called several times (at least 10) and literally every person i spoke with gave me a different estimate as to how much time its supposed to take to get my refund. And when i ask them if there is an issue with my account they just say they don't know...but id like to speak speak with somebody that DOES know, not some offsite call center that has trained the reps to say whatever they have to to get you off the phone. Does anyone know of an alternate phone number that might connect me to a person with REAL answers??
barry vaughn
8/4/2012 at 5:50 PM
Marc
9/17/2012 at 8:21 AM
Interesting post from you guys about a real subject.
Thank you.
Marceer
9/17/2012 at 8:23 AM
Wow, interesting man.
<a href="http://www.forexgratos.com/">http://www.forexgratos.com</a>

Denotes a required field.

Learn More

If you would like to learn more about the OpenOPM initiative, visit www.opm.gov/open.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.

Working...