Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Same Sex Domestic Partner Benefits

May I obtain assistance under the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for my same-sex domestic partner?

Yes. Such benefits should currently be available. In addition, OPM amended its regulations to confirm that an employee's same-sex domestic partner may obtain assistance under agency EAPs. See the final rule at


Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.