Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

I am eligible to make an election under FERCCA. Can I make the election if my former spouse is entitled to a portion of my retirement benefits by court order?

Yes, but if you want to elect FERS, you need your former spouse's consent to the election.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.