The Federal Government will Become America's Model Employer for the 21st Century.
Recruit, Retain and Honor a World-Class Workforce to Serve the American People.
Find out more about Federal compensation throughout your career and around the world.
Staffing to align with your agency's mission
Human Resources and Security Specialists should use this tool to determine the correct investigation level for any covered position within the U.S. Federal Government.
OPM’s Human Resources Solutions organization can help your agency answer this critically important question.
Developing senior leaders in the U.S. Government through Leadership for a Democratic Society, Custom Programs and Interagency Courses.
Visit this federal site to search for our regulatory notices, proposed and final rules.
See the latest tweets on our Twitter feed, like our Facebook pages, watch our YouTube videos, and page through our Flickr photos.
The content available is no longer being updated and as a result you may encounter hyperlinks which no longer function. You should also bear in mind that this content may contain text and references which are no longer applicable as a result of changes in law, regulation and/or administration.
Washington, DC - The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has once again met its strategic and operational goals. The goals for February, as outlined in the agency's Strategic and Operational Plan, are part of its commitment to improve the services it provides to federal agencies and the American people.
"OPM employees are constantly challenged to be high performers," said OPM Director Linda M. Springer. "Meeting the agency's goals for February is proof once again they understand and value the important work they do."
One important goal met included the rollout of the 2006 Federal Human Capital Survey. The Survey included responses from 221,000 federal employees on topics ranging from talent capacity and performance culture, to leadership quality within the federal work environment.
Other goals met for February include:
- Finalizing 95 percent of disability retirement applications, on which the applicant's life expectancy is a year or less, within 10 days;
- Mailing 100 percent of Federal Erroneous Retirement Coverage Corrections Act (FERCCA) election packages to eligible annuitants and employees and close out cases for all annuitants and employees who are eligible;
- Issuing guidance to assist Federal Employees Health Benefits Program carriers in processing and paying Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990 (OBRA90) health claims;
- Identifying and recommending new types of outlets for advertising employment opportunities with the federal government;
- Drafting and developing support for legislation allowing retirees to continue receiving annuity payments while performing part-time federal service;
- Developing migration guidance for agency selection HRLOB public/private sector centers;
- Initiating corrective actions for prompt-pay process; and
- Holding initial meetings with relevant members of Congress and/or their staff.
For a complete copy of OPM's Strategic and Operational Plan, please visit http://www.opm.gov/strategicplan/index.asp.
Our mission is to Recruit, Retain and Honor a World-Class Workforce to Serve the American People. OPM supports U.S. agencies with personnel services and policy leadership including staffing tools, guidance on labor-management relations and programs to improve work force performance.