The Federal Government will Become America's Model Employer for the 21st Century.
Recruit, Retain and Honor a World-Class Workforce to Serve the American People.
Find out more about Federal compensation throughout your career and around the world.
Staffing to align with your agency's mission
Human Resources and Security Specialists should use this tool to determine the correct investigation level for any covered position within the U.S. Federal Government.
OPM’s Human Resources Solutions organization can help your agency answer this critically important question.
Developing senior leaders in the U.S. Government through Leadership for a Democratic Society, Custom Programs and Interagency Courses.
Visit this federal site to search for our regulatory notices, proposed and final rules.
See the latest tweets on our Twitter feed, like our Facebook pages, watch our YouTube videos, and page through our Flickr photos.
The content available is no longer being updated and as a result you may encounter hyperlinks which no longer function. You should also bear in mind that this content may contain text and references which are no longer applicable as a result of changes in law, regulation and/or administration.
Washington, DC - The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has met the majority of goals - eight out of nine - it set for itself in the agency's Strategic and Operational Plan. OPM's strategic goals plan has been lauded for its straight-forwardness and easily understood approach to meeting the agency's mission.
"OPM continues to meet the goals it has promised it would accomplish," said OPM Director Linda M. Springer. "It is something all of OPM's workforce has worked towards and will continue to do on behalf of the American public."
Goals met for April included:
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the Department of Defense National Security Personnel System (NSPS) and the Department of Homeland Security human resources management system;
- Issuing 2007 FEHBP community rated reconciliation instructions, partnering with the Office of Inspector General to address community rating recommendations and issuing 2008 FEHBP community rate instructions;
- Building and testing the Retirement Systems Modernization (RSM) program components in support of the February 2008 go-live objective and completing the development of licensed technology;
- Strengthening the requirements for Medicare coordination of benefits, including making carriers liable to return uncollected claims overpayments where carriers' failure to act timely caused the non-recovery;
- Implementing the second release of the document management system;
- Completing progress reviews for OPM employees;
- Publishing pre-solicitation notices on Fedbizops of OPM's intent to conduct a public/private competition to procure software, integration, and application hosting services for its new accounting system; and
- Working with the CHCO Council to develop a federal employee guest lecturer program with post high school institutes of higher learning.
The ninth goal, completion of the Office of Congressional Relations' records management project, will extend beyond the May 1st due date.
For a complete copy of OPM's Strategic and Operational Plan, please visit http://www.opm.gov/strategicplan/index.asp.
Our mission is to Recruit, Retain and Honor a World-Class Workforce to Serve the American People. OPM supports U.S. agencies with personnel services and policy leadership including staffing tools, guidance on labor-management relations and programs to improve work force performance.