Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

If I am a designated staff person in the House of Representatives and take a new job where I am a designated staff person in the Senate (or vice versa), do I have to re-enroll for SHOP health coverage?

Yes. Your SHOP health coverage with the House of Representatives as your employer will terminate when your employment terminates. You will need to enroll in a SHOP plan with the Senate as your employer in order to continue coverage under the SHOP.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.