Click here to skip navigation
This website uses features which update page content based on user actions. If you are using assistive technology to view web content, please ensure your settings allow for the page content to update after initial load (this is sometimes called "forms mode"). Additionally, if you are using assistive technology and would like to be notified of items via alert boxes, please follow this link to enable alert boxes for your session profile.
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

As a Member of Congress or designated congressional staff, will I continue to receive a Government contribution for my enrollment in a Marketplace plan if I go into non-pay status (leave without pay) or my pay becomes insufficient to pay my premium?

Generally, your enrollment and your Government contribution may continue for up to 365 days of leave without pay unless you want it to terminate or do not respond to your employing office's notice about continuing coverage during a period in leave without pay status. You must pay the employee share of premiums for every pay period that your enrollment continues.

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.