Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. / Retirement / How-to / Start or change direct deposit

Start or change direct deposit

Learn how to start receiving direct deposit of your monthly annuity payment or change the account information for your existing direct deposit.

How to access your direct deposit information

  1. Sign in to your online account

  2. Click Direct Deposit in the menu

    If you already have direct deposit active, you will see a summary of your account information.

  3. Click Change to start a new direct deposit or to change an existing direct deposit

    You'll need you bank name, account number, and routing number to set up direct deposit to your checking or savings account.

    If this is your first time enrolling in direct deposit, you'll be able to provide a payment address that's different from your mailing address. If you already have direct deposit and want to change your payment address, click Payment Address in the menu to make changes.

    Make sure you save your changes before leaving the page.

Was this helpful?

Was this helpful?

Contact us for more support

Report a Death

To report a death of a Retired Federal Employee or Current Federal Employee, please click the link below that applies:

Submit your information below and one of our Customer Service Specialists will begin working on your request. All fields are required. We usually respond within 3 to 5 business days.

Please be advised that the information submitted must be entered by the annuitant or on behalf of the annuitant by the Representative Payee.

Before proceeding, please fill in your claim number.
(Person associated with the CSA/F number above) (Person associated with the CSA/F number above) (Email address you would like our reply to be sent) (Person associated with the CSA/F number above) (Person associated with the CSA/F number above)
Clear all

Control Panel