Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Pandemic FAQ

What are my leave options if I have been diagnosed with the pandemic influenza?
Depending on the particular circumstances, an employee who has been diagnosed with the pandemic influenza may use accrued sick leave or annual leave, request advanced sick leave or advanced annual leave, request donated leave under the agency’s voluntary leave transfer or leave bank program or an established emergency leave transfer program, or use any earned compensatory time off, earned compensatory time off for travel, or earned credit hours. In addition, an employee may invoke his or her entitlement to unpaid leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and take a total of up to 12 weeks of leave without pay for a serious health condition. An employee may substitute his or her accrued annual leave and sick leave, as appropriate, for unpaid leave under the FMLA. An employee may also request leave without pay. Employees should consult with their agency human resources office to determine how their agency policy applies to their situation.

Return to FAQ Home

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.