Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Investigations

What can I do if the NACI or BI received from OPM does not resolve recent, serious issues sufficiently to adjudicate the case?

Agencies may request SAB to reopen a NACI for issue resolution of A, B, or C issues (original, upgrades, or conversions). The agency should submit a written request to reopen the case and show what issues need to be resolved. Include the name and telephone number of the requesting official and copies of pertinent documents.

If appropriate coverage or issue resolution is absent from a background investigation, the case should be discussed with OPM-FIS Systems Access Support Team at (724) 794-5612, extension 4600. SAST will determine if the requested information was within the scope of the requested investigation and should have been covered or if an upgrade investigation or Reimbursable Suitability/Security Investigation (RSI) is needed to obtain the information.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.