Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Benefits for LGBT Federal Employees and Annuitants

Is my same-sex domestic partner eligible as a dependent under the Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS)?

It depends.  FSAFEDS follows IRS rules on dependents.  If you can claim your same-sex domestic partner/spouse as a tax dependent, then you may be reimbursed under your FSAFEDS account for his or her eligible expenses.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.