Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Benefits for LGBT Federal Employees and Annuitants

Can an agency request supporting medical documentation if an employee wants to use leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) because of morning sickness?

An agency may request medical certification for FMLA leave, according to agency policy. Employees should review their agency FMLA policy and direct any questions to their agency HR office.  Agency HR offices should consult their headquarters HR office with questions about agency policy.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.