Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

Where can I get help in making sure I'm in the right retirement plan?

If you currently work for the Federal Government, you should contact your Human Resources office for help. Your agency has all of your employment records and can verify whether your retirement coverage is correct. Please don't contact OPM as we normally don't receive your employment records until you separate from the Government.

If you are a separated employee, retiree, or survivor of an employee who was in the wrong retirement plan, contact OPM on 1-888-767-6738.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.