Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

I am a retiree and eligible to change my retirement coverage from FERS to CSRS Offset under FERCCA. If I do so, I'll owe a larger deposit for my military and civilian service. Will I have to pay the additional deposit or will OPM actuarially reduce my annuity?

You have a choice. When you owe more money than you thought you had to pay (for example, when you were covered under FERS you owed a smaller deposit than what you will owe by electing CSRS or CSRS Offset) you can either choose to pay the additional deposit amount in full, or OPM will actuarially reduce your annuity.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.