Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

Can I continue to receive my payments by check?

The law requires us to make payments by direct deposit to a checking or savings account at a financial institution. However, if receiving your payment in this manner would cause you financial hardship or a hardship due to disability or because of a barrier caused by location or a difficulty reading, you can continue to receive your payment by check. You can use this formFillable PDF file [312 KB] to request payment by check instead of direct deposit.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.