Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

Am I entitled to health benefits through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHB) as a former spouse?

You are entitled to Spouse Equity (FEHB) if you are a former spouse and receive an apportionment or survivor benefit. OPM will abide by the stipulation of the court order. You will need to complete an SF 2809, Health Benefits Election Form, to enroll. Then, send the form to the Court-Ordered Benefits Branch, PO Box 17, Washington, DC 20044.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.