Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

How do I apply to have my retirement contributions returned to me in a lump sum payment?

If you are leaving your Federal job and want a refund of your retirement contributions, you can get an application from your personnel office, complete it, and return it to them. If you are no longer in the Federal service, you can acquire the appropriate application from our website. The applications are shown below:

If you are still working, submit your application to your servicing personnel office.

If you have left Federal service, submit your application to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.