Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

I work for the Government and know I'm in (or was in) the wrong retirement plan. What do I do now?

If you believe you are eligible under FERCCA, you should contact your agency's Human Resources Office. OPM works with representatives from your agency to provide guidance in determining an employee's eligibility for relief under FERCCA. You will be asked some preliminary information to assess your potential eligibility, however, a final determination can not be made until your Official Personnel Folder (OPF) is reviewed. You will be notified of your eligibility in writing.

If you are about to retire, let your agency know. We at OPM will work with your agency to get you the information you need before you retire.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.