Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

When a Federal employee retires, how/when does the former spouse begin receiving payments?

The former spouse will begin receiving their annuity payment/apportionment after the Federal employee’s retirement case has been finalized and the application for benefits has been received from the former spouse.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.