Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

After recently separating from the Federal Government, I applied for and received a refund of my retirement contributions. Accompanying the refund check was a letter stating that I may have been in the wrong retirement system. How do I find out if my retirement coverage was correct?

If you are a separated employee, you can contact OPM on 1-888-767-6738. The personnel specialists at this number will be able to access your records and provide you with information about the retirement coverage that you had before separating from Federal service and whether you were under the correct retirement system.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.