Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Pandemic

If I’m asked to work during the pandemic and I contract the flu while at work, will I be covered by workers’ compensation?

If an employee or the family of an employee believes illness or on-the-job death resulted from a work related incident, they will be able to file a workers’ compensation claim. However, the Department of Labor makes determinations on entitlement to workers’ compensation, and each case is judged on its own merits. To apply for workers’compensation benefits, contact your local servicing human resources office. Information on workers’ compensation benefits for Federal employees can be found at or by telephone at (866-OWCP-IVR (866-692-7487).

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.