Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions USAJOBS

How do I get a Preference letter from VA?

When a veteran applies for veterans’ preference, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) can produce an official letter certifying the information that is requested if the letter needs to indicate that service-connected disability is required. The preference selected (
SF-15 Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference) determines what type of certification letter is needed. To obtain a veteran's preference letter from the VA, you should contact your local VA Regional Office at 1-800-827-1000 or contact them by visiting their website:  

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.