Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Pay & Leave

If a Federal Wage System (FWS) employee receiving environmental differential pay (EDP) moves to a GS position that involves the performance of the same duty that prompted the payment of EDP, may the employee receive hazardous duty pay?

Yes, as long as the hazardous duty is listed in appendix A and exposure to the hazard meets the requirements of 5 CFR 550.904, the employee may receive the percentage authorized in appendix A for the hazardous duty.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.