Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Pay & Leave

Who can establish a hazard pay differential?

Amendments to appendix A may be made by OPM on its own motion or at the request of an agency, as defined in 5 U.S.C. 5102(a)(1). (See 5 CFR 550.903(b).) The request for a hazard pay differential must be made by the head of an agency or an official who has been delegated the authority to act for the head of the agency in the matter concerned.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.