Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Qualifications

Does the Federal Government maintain a list of approved or accredited colleges and universities that offer degrees accepted by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management?

This information is available on the website of the U.S. Department of Education located at  After you access this website, search for the database for all colleges, universities, schools, and educational institutions that have been accredited by accrediting bodies or organizations recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. 

Only education or degrees from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.