Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Senior Executive Service

I believe I am qualified for the Senior Executive Service because of the executive type positions I have held. How do I go about obtaining SES certification from OPM?

You must first identify a position to apply for. Agencies announce their SES vacancies on OPM's website USAJOBS. From there, you may download information on vacancies of interest to you, complete the application procedures, and submit your application to the agency that has the vacancy. The agency submits the executive core qualifications of the person selected to a Qualifications Review Board (QRB) convened by OPM. The QRB must certify all selectees before they can be appointed to the SES. Further information about the selection process is available elsewhere on this site.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.