Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

What is the appropriate office for filing a court order about FEGLI life insurance?


File the court order with your human resources office.  If you do not know how to contact your human resources office, ask the appropriate Agency Benefits Officer.


File the court order with OPM's Retirement Office at:

Office of Personnel Management
Retirement Operations Center
Validation Section
P.O. Box 45
Boyers, PA 16017-0045


If you receive benefits from the Department of Labor, Office of Workers Compensation Programs and you've been receiving these benefits for less than 12 months and you are still on the agency's rolls as an employee, file the court order with your human resources office.

If you are on compensation and are separated from your agency or have been receiving compensation for 12 months or more, file the court order with OPM's Retirement Office at the address above.

Note: A certified copy of the court order must be on file with the appropriate office before the death of the insured person to be valid.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.