Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

Do I have to pay for the thirty-one day temporary extension of coverage?

No. When you lose FEHB coverage other than by cancellation (including cancellation by nonpayment of premiums) you have a 31-day temporary extension of coverage, at no cost. This coverage is provided in the same enrollment category so you may convert to an individual contract with your current health benefits plan. Please review the Temporary Continuation of Coverage (TCC) pamphlet.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.