Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

I am the spouse of an FEHB enrollee. Can I continue health insurance coverage after my spouse enrolled in FEHB dies?

If you are the surviving spouse and you receive a survivor annuity, you can continue the deceased's Self Plus One enrollment (if you are the designated family member) or  you can continue the Self and Family enrollment for all eligible family members. The enrollment will be changed to your name and premiums withheld from your survivor annuity. Your enrollment will be changed to Self Plus One or Self Only depending on the number of eligible family members you plan to cover. After the change, the carrier will send you a new identification card.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.