Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

I am interested in adependent care flexible spending account. My child is 13 years old. She requires care for mental health issues. Are there exceptions to the age limit of 13?

Yes, your dependent care flexible spending account can be used to pay for day care for anyone who you claim as a dependent on your Federal tax return who is physically or mentally incapable of self-care so that you (and your spouse, if you are married) can work, look for work, or your spouse can attend school full-time.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.