Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

I am a Federal employee and am divorcing my spouse, who is not a Federal employee. Can I continue to cover my ex-spouse under my FEHB plan?

Your spouse is eligible for coverage while you are in the process of getting divorced and even while you are legally separated. Your spouse loses eligibility for coverage as a family member when your divorce is final. Your spouse can apply for coverage in the FEHB Program under the Spouse Equity or Temporary Continuation of Coverage provisions of the FEHB law. Your spouse should contact your HR office to apply.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.