Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

I am not a Federal employee and am divorcing my spouse, who is a Federal employee. Can I get coverage when I lose coverage as a family member?

Although you cannot remain covered as a family member under your spouse's Self Plus One or Self and Family enrollment (even if a court order requires it), you may be eligible for FEHB Program coverage under either the Spouse Equity provisions or the Temporary Continuation of Coverage provisions of the law. You would be enrolled in your own right and would pay both the Government and employee shares of the premium yourself.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.