Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

Currently I am enrolled as self only. If I want to add my husband to my plando I need to do anything during the Federal Benefits Open Season or can that occur anytime?If he loses his job; do I need to wait until then to add him to my plan?

You may change your FEHB enrollment to self and family to cover your husband during the Federal Benefits Open Season or if you experience a qualifying life event.  One of the qualifying life events would be ifyour spouse loses health insurance.  As mentioned in question #1 above, you should be aware that if you have a self only enrollment, your spouse and/or children would not have any FEHB coverage to continue in the event of your death.

For FEDVIP, the qualifying life event is if a spouse/eligible family member loses other dental or vision coverage.  Losing one’s job is not a QLE for FEDVIP. 

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.