Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

am covered under FERS, and have a part-time job in the private sector. Will I lose any Social Security Benefits?

Probably not. Premium conversion affects only your Federal salary, and Social Security is based on total taxable earnings. The earnings from your non-Federal job will be added to your Federal taxable earnings.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.